2019 Makita XBU02Z
Call for Price
18V X2 (36V) LXT® Lithium‑Ion Brushless Cordless Blower, Tool Only
Landscapers and contractors are demanding more cordless alternatives to gas-powered outdoor power equipment. Makita is meeting demand with an expanding line of cordless OPE that includes the 18V X2 LXT® Lithium-Ion (36V) Brushless Blower. With zero emissions and lower noise, the 18V X2 (36V) Cordless Blower is a welcome solution for clean-up applications. It's powered by two 18V LXT® batteries (sold separately) for maximum power and run time, but without leaving the 18V battery platform. With the efficient Makita BL™ brushless motor, the blower delivers longer run time, increased power and speed, and longer tool life.
Makita's efficient BL™ Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per battery charge than similar non-brushless tools. Electronic controls efficiently use battery energy to match the changing demands of the application for increased power and speed when needed. With no carbon brushes, the Makita BL™ Brushless motor runs cooler and more efficiently for longer life. When powered by two 18V 5.0Ah batteries, the efficient brushless motor delivers up to 28 minutes of run-time on dial setting #3 on a single charge.
The XBU02Z features Makita Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™). XPT™ is a protective seal inside the tool, and is engineered for improved operation in harsh conditions by channeling water and dust from key internal components.
It's part of Makita's expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world's largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- Max. Air Volume: 473 CFM
- Max. Air Velocity: 120 MPH
- No Load Speed (variable speed): 11,400 - 21,500 RPM
- Battery: 2X 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
- Sound Pressure (per Ansi B175.2 standard): 61 dB(A)
- Overall Length: 36-5/8 in.
- Net Weight (with battery): 9 lb.
- Blower Type: Handheld
- Power Type: Cordless
- Shipping Weight: 8.6 lb.
- UPC Code: 088381-693158
- Sound pressure rating of 61 dB(A); measured per ANSI B 175.2 standard
- Makita-built motor produces a maximum air velocity of 120 MPH
- 6-stage air velocity/volume selection dial with variable speed control trigger
- Delivers up to 28 minutes of run time at 15,800 RPM using two 18V LXT® 5.0Ah batteries (batteries not included)
- Zero emissions and reduced maintenance; no need for gas or oil
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 36-5/8" long
- Two 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion batteries deliver the power and run time for gas powered demands without leaving the 18V LXT® platform (batteries not included)
- Features Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) which is engineered to provide increased dust and water resistance in harsh job site conditions
- Weighs only 9.0 lbs. with batteries (batteries not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- Dual L.E.D. battery charge indicators show charge level for each 18V LXT® battery
- Instant start-up; simply load two 18V LXT® batteries and the blower is ready to use
- In-line fan design provides better tool balance and improved ergonomics
- Rubberized soft grip provides increased comfort on the job
- Lock-on button for continuous operation
- 3-stage telescoping long nozzle for user convenience
- Conveniently located hole on housing bottom for easy storage
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (battery and charger sold separately)
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol (batteries sold separately)
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- 3-year limited warranty
- (1) 3-Stage Telescoping Blower Nozzle (455915-0)
- Engine Type
- Air Velocity
- 120 mph